4. Check and Clear Condensate Drain Line
Clearing your A/C’s condensate line ensures that your air conditioner can properly drain liquid condensate. If your drain cline becomes clogged, this can cause water leaks and other moisture and wetness problems. Condensate drain cleanings also get rid of any mold and bacteria around your drain line. Your technician will also check if you have a cracked condensate drain pain and be able to repair or replace any leaking condensate drain lines that you may have.
5. Check System Controls
This ensures proper cycling and safe operation for your HVAC system. It’s important to check if your system is starting, operating, and shutting off properly.
6. Change or Clean Change Air Filter
This ensures that you have a working and clean air filter that is suitable for your exiting system. Although you are able to change your filter yourself (and you should!), your HVAC contractor might point out a better filter or filtration system that you should be using.
Xtreme HVAC Service Tune-Up & Safety Inspection
Trained Xtreme Service & Repair technicians will perform a 60-90 minute precision tune-up and professional cleaning including the following 20 operations:
1. Measure Supply/Return temperature differential
2. Inspect duct work for energy loss
3. Compressor – monitor, measure amperage and volt draw and wiring connections
4. Blower Motor – measure amperage and voltage for proper operation
5. Thermostat – test for proper operation, calibrate and level
6. Clean existing air filter (as needed)
7. Inspect Condenser Coil
8. Refrigerant – monitor operating pressures
9. Bearing – inspect for wear and lubricate
10. Inspect indoor coil
11. Electrical Wiring – inspect and tighten connections
12. Test/inspect contactors for burned, pitted contacts
13. Check electrical for exposed wiring
14. Inspect and test capacitors
15. Inspect fan blade
16. Condensate Drain – flush and treat with anti-algae
17. Safety Devices – inspect for proper operation
18. Electrical Disconnect Box – inspect for proper rating and safe installation
19. Clean condenser coil and remove debris
20. Inspect service valves for proper operation
Xtreme HVAC Service is currently offering a 2-for-1 Tune-Up Special for only $125. Hurry, the offer expires for good on August 31, 2018. Call or schedule service online for your annual furnace and A/C system tune-up.